Friday 25 October 2013

Dove Cosy



I know! Another phone cosy. This one is not heading to my shop though, as I made it for little one's new phone. 

She had her birthday a few days ago, and although I would have probably waiting a bit longer, she desperately wanted a mobile phone. So far it only seems to get used for game playing, but I guess next year when she goes to secondary school, it will be useful.

She requested no flowers for her cosy decoration, so this is what I came up with. I wish I had slightly positioned the dove a bit better, but she seemed very pleased with it.

This is just a bit of a filler, as I am working on a new pattern, which as ususal is taking much longer than I ever imagined. Just a few more reknits ....


My blog has had a lot of visitors this week. In fact more than I have every had. At first I could not work out where everyone was coming from, and hubby thought it was probably spam. (Not showing much faith!) But then I found out that my Starfish Pattern has been featured on Knit and Stitch Collection's facebook page. It's been an exciting few days. The power of advertising!

21 comments:

  1. Yay for another cute cosy! And congrats for your new found fame ;-) ... but seriously, your patterns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love your phone cosies so much, you are incredibly talented. Everytime you post I get excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cosy with the dove! The embroidery really adds to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is lovely, that's why people are visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great week - well done. love your dove cosy - very pretty blue. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to get featured and then see the increase in visitors! The dove of peace is beautiful and a lovely analogy for a child to have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. :) I really like the way you have worked the wings - they look as if the dove is flying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful little cosy. I've had a peek at some of your other ones too, I love the embroidered flowers. Thanks for coming to visit. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting the extra visitors to your website. The bird on the phone cosy looks fab. Your daughter's friends will probably end up wanting one for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, such a cute cosy, i really ove the dove design.

    How exciting to have lots of new blog visitors! I hope they stopped long enough to look at a range of your fantastic creations :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done having one of your patterns featured. Your items are always so lovely, I'm not surprised your blog is becoming more popular. I love your daughter's phone cosy too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I have only come across your work recently and you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, I only wish I could do things like this. Thanks for sharing at the weekend re-Treat link party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cosy is so sweet, as is your starfish - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this one rivals the snowdrop as my favourite. What great work you do. And congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being featured, I'm visiting you from the And Sew We Craft linky. Love the cosy, want one

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the feature :-)

    The cosy looks lovely and good choice with the dove. I got my first mobile just before joining secondary school too, although in those days they could only phone and text.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous and thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely to be featured! and what a lovely phone cosy. Phone cosies are on my list of hopefully-one-day-I'll-get-around-to-making...

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on the feature...always nice when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete